Monday 27 October 2014

Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm

Hello again,

Years ago when I first starting working in beauty salons , I worked with a french brand called Darphin. To be completely honest I wasn't amazed by the products, especially the ones that had lots of claims to mattify and plump and all this business, I never noticed a difference in my skin from using any of the products except for one and that was the Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm.

This is described as an overnight detoxifying treatment! The description of this reads "targeted for skin prone to imperfections, its 12 Essential Oils formula clarifies and promotes pure, healthy-looking skin, helps visibly reduce imperfections and rebalance skin's appearance for a more even complexion". It says that it is recommended for oily skin.

The consistency of it is like a very light balm, it comes in a jar and when you take some out with your fingers, it does melt quite quickly, not into a liquid but just softens I suppose so that it is easily applied onto the face and neck. It can feel a little bit greasy on your skin, but I wouldn't rub it in completely, I would leave a little bit just sitting on your skin. I always felt I got a better result when I left it sitting on my skin for a bit longer, rather than applying it straight on, then going to sleep, so half of it ends up on your pillow! And your pillow doesn't need overnight detoxifying!

So when you wake up in the morning your skin looks fantastic, the colour tone is evened out so any redness has disappeared, your pores have shrunk in size so that they are barely visible and if you tend to wake up with an oily t-zone this stops it! If you do have breakouts or even just the one or two spots they are much improved, the redness and inflammation tends to be taken out of them when you wake up. It's honestly like waking up with a new face! I used to and still do find it brilliant , f I had something important on the next day or if I had been up late or lets be honest out drinking, this stuff will make you look a million dollars the following morning! It really is like an overnight facial! Your skin is left brighter and feels very soft and smooth, even dark circles and puffiness under your eyes are reduced! 

But from using it over the years I have found other uses for it as well, it is brilliant for any sort of dry or chapped skin and lips, and also for cold sores, I have some friends who get plagued with them, and I have given them a little bit of the balm to try as a last resort sort of thing, and it cleared them up within two days, which even myself I was surprised about. 
Now you can use it every night if you wanted to but it is only 15ml for a whopping €55, so I wouldn't use it every night, just for when your skin needs a pick-me-up or when you have something you want to look really well for! But all in all this little balm is incredible! It is deemed as one of Darphin's hero products and it lives up to it's reputation. 

Now it comes in 15ml and it's priced at about €55 to €60 depending on where you buy it. Online is going to be cheaper obviously but only by a couple of euros. 

www.feelunique.com - €57.20 / £42.50
www.spacenk.com  - €58 / $70 / £44


No comments:

Post a Comment