Wednesday 22 April 2015

A Walk in the Sun

Hi there,
There is seriously nothing better than having a day off and then there is seriously nothing better than having a full week off, which is what I have. So I'm trying to make the best of it and not waste the entire time watching tv inside, and then you realise it's 7pm and the whole day is gone!

So today I was "persuaded" by my friends to go for a walk, didn't sound too bad, to Killiney Hill, assuming we'd drive there! Then after I had got myself ready, discovered we were walking to the Hill, walking up the Hill and then back from the Hill. I have to be honest and say that I wasn't feeling very positive about this or about the outcome.

But to be honest, it was really nice and I really enjoyed it. The sun was out, and shining, and the weather was gorgeous. Not too hot and not too cold, actually it was beautiful for April. Great weather for a walk up a "mountain" and back!

I have to say that I wasn't in the best of form, I was just having one of those days and my fitness is non-existant! But I actually did the entire walk, without dyeing or passing out! And it was really nice living in a city but living so close to such a beautiful area.

The times we stopped for a break was when we were at the very top of the hill, and you could see the entire city, and trying to spot certain buildings or areas that we knew.

It was great for just forgetting about tiny insignificant things that you might normally over think, it just makes you happy and positive to get out and admire the city and surroundings you live in. It relaxes your entire body and mind as well, it's great for those of us that stress and overthink things in our lives. There is something about when the sun is shining, you feel that need to get outside and be in it and do something! And it also puts people in a much better moods.
Hope you enjoyed this post, and enjoy the sunshine!




No comments:

Post a Comment