Sunday 17 May 2015

Bath Time Routine

Now if any of you know me, you know I am a bath person, showers are not me. Now don't get me wrong, I do have them but they're for washing quickly where as a bath is for sore tired muscles, for warming up and just general chill out and relax time! 
I am one of these people that will spend a lot of money on bath products. I have tried cheapy ones from Penny's or Dealz, but they are not the same as a Lush bath bomb or Jo Malone bath oil.

So if I decide to have a bath, there is a lot of preparation involved, i have to pick the right combination of products, I have to decide what to watch or listen to, or if I want to read and then my lighting for the bath as well. Thats how much I love baths, but if the right prep goes into a bath, it can be amazing! It can feel like you're in one of the best spas in the country,....complete and utter pamper and relaxation session! 


First of all I pick my favourite bath products, this always will include any Lush Cosmetics bath bomb and bubble bar. If you haven't tried Lush before and you like baths,...you are seriously missing out! They make your bathing experience amazing, you can genuinely feel the essential oils in the water and your skin is so soft and moisturised by the end.  It also changes the colour of the water and smells incredible! 


Next is Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oil, essentially the Revive one is my go to product. You can pour a small cap full into your bath or what I learned was you can apply it onto your body or for me the really sore or stiff parts like my back or legs, rub it in slightly and then get into a really hot bath and this stuff honestly makes all the pain disappear and pour away! I have honestly never used something that has worked so quickly before, and it is honestly such an amazing feeling having all the pain in your muscles just be wiped away like that! And you really don't need a lot of this product, a little goes a long way. Another good bath oil is Neom Organics, it's not great for sore muscles but it does make your skin feel incredibly soft and it is very relaxing.  


Next is the ambiance, so I get as many candles or tea lights as I can and scatter them (safely) around the bathroom, so it's candle light mood, very relaxing, but not too dark that I can't find the bath to get into to. Then I would either have an audiobook or music to listen to or have some documentary on Netflix on, sometimes a movie depending on my mood. I do prefer an audiobook. I never really read in the bath anymore, I think it's because I never really feel relaxed with a full light on, I much prefer the candle light. Then once all that is done, I either have a glass of white wine or a cold glass of water beside me to sip on. 
Once that is all done and the bath is full and streaming hot, and i have my drink whatever it may be and my audiobook is set up, it's time to get in! I love steaming hot baths but it's a very slow process easing your self into a hot bath, but once your in, everything just washes away, all the stress in your body and your mind is slowly being washed away. 
It really is one of my favourite treats to myself is a bath with all the trimmings. All those trimmings are completely worth it as well. I hope you guys treat yourself and try having a really nice bathing experience. Especially if your stressed or suffer from sore muscles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment