Sunday 28 September 2014

Sally Hansen Nail Polish

Hello again,
I'm not obsessed with nail polishes, I just like to have pretty nails! Okay I know I have 4 and maybe a little bit more storage boxes full of nail polishes, now in fairness I do have to do a sort out and throw out a lot of them! (secret hoarder please stand up)
I’m not a massive fan of nail polishes, I like to buy them and hoard them and forget to throw them out. And I get very bored with colours very quickly, and especially nowadays with newer and newer colours and textured and special effects polishes coming out, it can be very easy to become a hoarder! And basically just forget to throw out old ones!

But anyway back to my review, I normally have to gear myself up to paint my nails, it’s a bit of a tedious process, cleaning old polish off, filing them into a shape and pushing back my cuticles if I’m bothered! (I know I should know better) And then base coat, at least two coats of polish and then top coat and then you have to tidy around the nail and then wait for it to dry which means no touching of ANYTHING!

Someone mentioned to me about the Sally Hansen nail polish was a base, colour and top coat all in one and great quality,…so I thought that’s the jobey for me! I bought the colour 'all fired up'. The full name is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish. It claims to have 7 benefits of a salon manicure in one bottle.  
1). A Base Coat. 2). A Strengthener. 3). A Growth Treatment. 4). A Colour. 5). A Top Coat. 6). Chip Resistant. 7). Gel Shine.

All of theses is a lot to claim a nail polish can do, so I was a bit sceptical but I was amazed, the polish is very very good. It lasts up to 5 to 6 days on my nails which is a feat in itself as my nail polish tends to chip after a day or two of wear and tear and working in a salon, working with products that strip nail polish off as well. So I was very impressed with the durability, and it was so easy and fast to apply, no faffing with base, colour and top coat, just apply one or two if you want but not actually needed, and then that’s it! And the brush of each polish is concave so it makes painting the nail incredibly easy, and any nail shape, short and long! And best of all i found it didn't damage or strip my nails, if anything I feel they are getting stronger! 
Overall I was really impressed with this polish that I have now bought three more in three different colours,…..a girl’s gota have variety! The two red polishes are my favourites! 

Colours shown above are:
All Fired Up - darker red
Kook A Mango - lighter red
Blue Streak - green
Commander in Chic - grey


These polishes retail at €8.95 and is available is selected chemists all over Ireland and in Boots as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment